7.13.2010

Maybe

I saw you in my dream. You were pitch-black, hazy, near and distant.  It woke me up and my heart thumped. Thumped like fast drumbeats. I can't remember the last time I dreamed of you. It troubled me. I was wrong in saying I forgot about you. I'm not sure I can but definitely maybe. I don't  know where you are. All I know is you're here in my mind. Sure to stay for a while.



I pressed the phone and checked the clock. All I hear is heavy breathing and constant snoring upstairs. The rest are silence. Defeaning silence. Great, sleep had totally left me. It has been aloof to me lately and now, I need to woo it again. I got up and turned on the damn machine. I browsed to while away the time until sleep decides to come back. It's 2am. They said that it's the devil's hour. Should I believe them? The dogs started howling. I'm not scared. That dream made me brave for a second. You made me brave. 



As I browsed, I saw you. Smiling and still. You're different the first time I saw you. I would be happy to see you with someone. Happy and hurt. I won't be surprised if you get married soon, you're not getting any younger. I won't be surprised but again that would hurt. Really hurt. You can never be mine. If time comes when we meet, maybe I'll pretend that I forgot your name, maybe I'll take the opposite turn, maybe you'll say hey, maybe you'll say you miss me, or maybe not, maybe...a lot of maybes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment