6.02.2010

UNEMPLOYED

I was checking one of my social networking sites and found this blog from an acquaintance. It was written in our own vernacular and discussed about her being unemployed. I pondered on that blog because I can relate to it and it gave me a brilliant idea to write my own as well for a start.

About two years ago, a few months after graduation, I was lucky enough to get a job unlike with my other colleagues. I worked for almost two years away from my hometown. I really find working fun and very noble because you fend for yourself. I can't deny the fact that there are times when you feel sulky and just wanted to quit because everything seemed routinary and it sometimes stressed me out being a nocturnal employee but still I tried to do the best I can to get up and go to work.

Now here comes the beginning of the change when I passed the board exam. I quit my job hoping for a greener pasture. No, I was hoping for a more stable job, not that green of a pasture but sure to last for a lifetime. The way to this road is winding, muddy, and very steep. Unfortunately, I was wearing my stilletos and where are my hiking boots? So I stumbled, fell and the only way to reach the end of this road is to have those hiking boots and I don't have one. I only have my calloused feet and a broken pair of heels.

So here I am, stuck! Stuck in this small town waiting for nothing. I am one of the millions who have the word UNEMPLOYED encrypted on their forehead. I wasn't bothered at first because I thought that it would give me time to rest, unwind and sort things out. As time moves on, everything is ordinary. I start my day checking my mails and networking sites. I do the chores, surf the net, read a book, exercise, eat then repeat. A plethora of redundancy. This happens everyday since I got home. It's so stagnant. Yeah, not really stagnant because what with all the learnings from the book, net and doing a few exercises. The worst part is that I don't have a single cent in my pocket. ALARMING!

Of course, there are also these funny parts of being unemployed. I have already befriended a family of mosquitoes here in the house. They keep me company. They sing to me at night or during brownouts. They also keep my hands busy trying to give them a smacking high five every time they wanted to kiss my shapely legs. Facebook will probably award me for incurring no absences. Might be more for I've already harvested bushels of bushels of plants in farmville, sold a school of fish in fishville and gained those five stars in hotel city. I'm almost through memorizing the lyrics of plants vs. zombies' OST. I might pass for a hunter, for I scoured every nooks and crannies of our house. Useful for my next adventure then. Cool! Since I got home, I seemed to notice that mom keeps on buying those flours, baking powders or ready pancake mix and my big sissy keeps on requesting for pancakes. I might consider becoming the next pancake chef, turn those into stones and throw it to my sissy's face. That's fun!Just kidding!

Anyway, so much for that. My next move would be to get up. Since my stilletos are broken already, I would have to endure the pain of walking with barefeet and keep in mind that at the end of the road, there's a spa there waiting to pamper these worn out hooves.

0 comments:

Post a Comment