10.02.2010

Vietnamese Invasion



Generally, women are vain.

With regard to that, I was and am hooked to video logs in Youtube. These v-logs I'm subscribing are all about make-up. Although I don't put make-up all the time, I still find it necessary for us women to learn the basics. What I did? Searched Youtube and found Xteener and Michelle Phan. They are Vietnamese American girls who do make-up tutorials and do their thing well.

After viewing a vlog from someone I can't remember, I came up with Xteener. What I like about Xteener is she goes for drugstore and inexpensive products. She also gives honest reviews on the products she is using and takes her time explaining things to allow viewers to understand her tutorials. This I find very comprehensive.


After veiwing almost all of Xteener's videos, I stumbled upon Michelle Phan. Michelle Phan is very popular and I guess more popular than Xteener and she's also a video spokesperson for Lancome. So from there, you have an idea of how popular she is. The thing about Michelle is that aside from make-up tutorials, she also has beauty and style home-remedy tips. I did actually learn from her how to lengthen the size of my shoe by freezing it and it worked. Aside from that I also learned to make use of eyeshadow makeups into lip-colors with the use of petroleum jelly. 

Personally, when it comes to make-up tutorials, I prefer Xteener over Michelle Phan because she is more detailed in explaining things and if compared to gadgets, I see her as more user-friendly. I also find Xteener's tutorial more natural, fit for everyday use. For Michelle Phan, undoubtedly she is a very good make-up artist but what I love about her is her home-remedy tips. Her tips show that you can be the best you can just by being resourceful. 


"Vanity is my favourite sin." -Al Pacino

2 comments:

Sue said...

I agree Mich..i'll try to check jlovesmac1 when i have the time. just curious, is she limited to using MAC makeup? but probably not.heheh!

Sue said...

Hey, just watched one of her vlogs-the anti camel toe. I was LMAO! she's funny! she's pinay right?

Post a Comment