9.20.2011

Daysleeper



In my line of work, it is normal to work at night and sleep during the day. However, after months of being back in this industry, my body clock is still having difficulties adjusting to rotating shifts. Often times, I wake up after 3-4 hours of sleep. Today I only slept an hour or two and after having to do nothing, I'd made some research about different sleep disorders. I think I'm experiencing Circadian rhythm disorder or simply shift work sleep disorder. This type of sleeping disorder happens when our biological clock and work schedule are not in sync. Right now, I'm tracking my sleep patterns and engaging myself in activities that will help me sleep like reading and I always take advantage of those days when I had the opportunity to sleep peacefully.

Isn't it nice to be able to sleep as peacefully as this sweet little angel?


Sleep is one of life's luxuries that we can't afford.

0 comments:

Post a Comment